MDDN 241

MDDN 243

CCDN 271

CCDN 231

Sunday 11 August 2013

MDDN 243


Introduction to Computer Game Design

Project Two: Prototype


Now that I have a good idea on possible pixel game ideas, I need to research games that I've played which are auto-scrolling. One of the more popular ones that I can remember playing for awhile was Robot Unicorn. Despite the catchy soundtrack incorporated into the game, this game was very addictive and successful. The main mechanic is jump in this game as well along with dash. It involves the player to jump over obstacles and collect points, but has no clear ending. A few things about this game that I had noticed is that it doesn't have a health system, but a life system. So after dying the player gets another chance at redemption. I will consider using this in my game as a concept.

Image Retrieved from http://mobiputing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/robot-unicorn-attack.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment