MDDN 241

MDDN 243

CCDN 271

CCDN 231

Friday 29 March 2013

MDDN 241

Project 1
Materiality

Research


One thing I randomly thought of was the main shape of a little cell, or something similar like a virus or an atom. The simple (not-so-simple) structure of a little nucleus even with the electrons orbiting it. This somehow led me to the idea of investigating planets. Yes, planets. I thought I would elaborate the idea of having a basic and small sphere as a starter shape to expand it to something ridiculously massive like a planet. Of course I will still go with my idea of a prototype style of explosion for it but it would have to start off as something pure, and then maybe slowly getting infected by some outside source. I researched some inspirational images of outer space and planets and have found these 2 images below which really captured my attention. I like the first one because of the aura's around the planet. As we can see there is a lot of movement in this image and it would be great to try and create this as a model. Exactly the same with the second image. I particularly like this one because it introduces another planet or object in the image.


Image Retrieved from http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30900000/planets-astronomy-30987566-1600-1000.jpg 


Image Retrieved from http://chchcheckit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/3D-Planets.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment