MDDN 241

MDDN 243

CCDN 271

CCDN 231

Wednesday 27 March 2013

MDDN 241

Project 1
Materiality

Research


Looking back at my first concept, I needed to actually research what cells and viruses looked like so I had a clear idea of what their structure consist of. The first image is of the cells of the human body. Most of us have seen this image at least once before somewhere. By just looking at it, I can almost imagine myself starting off with a basic sphere, and working my way to make something similar to this design. The textures and materials wouldn't be hard to do either but I wouldn't have it that exact colour, I was thinking more of the colours that the second example uses.

Image Retrieved from http://www.balancedhealthtoday.com/images/Viruses.jpg

There was something about this image here that captured my attention. The colours were obviously the first thing that came into my mind. But the fluidity of this still image looks like it's about to just jump out at you and attack. It leaves us dazzled and curious about what just happened and what was about to happen. It seems like the shape isn't really symmetrical either and seems more randomised which is another bonus; I can definitely keep this in mind for my development.
Image Retrieved from http://www.futurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mitochondria_525.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment