MDDN 241

MDDN 243

CCDN 271

CCDN 231

Friday 29 March 2013

MDDN 241

Project 1
Materiality

Development


I decided to attempt to make my first form which would pretty much be a basic sphere in maya. What I did need was a texture to add to it. Since I was still unsure if I should do a planet or a little cell, I just made a start and found this cool looking "virus-like" texture. It came in green in the images when I found it so I photoshopped it to make it red, so it would match my own requirements. 

Image Retrieved from http://wallpaperdev.com/stock/virus-green-wallpaper.jpg
I took a screenshot of my attempt at making my first shape. Bare in my mind this is my first time that I have ever used the program Maya so it's just a start. I made my sphere, added the textures to it i.e. the red virus map. Then added the bump and specs map to it to give it a more 3D looking texture, which to my surprise turned out really cool. The next thing I did was that I started to sculpt and shape my form, following the virus lines and bringing them up like in the image below.


After what I thought was a pretty reasonable first go, I rendered the model to see what it would look like. It was dark. Very, very dark. You can still see some 3D kind of effects in it and the red does actually contrast well in the darkness but it needs to be lighter. If not, then I will need to change my texture and have one that has more "goings-on" within it.


No comments:

Post a Comment