MDDN 241

MDDN 243

CCDN 271

CCDN 231

Thursday 18 April 2013

MDDN 241

Project 2A
Pre-production


Orthographic Sketch Final

So, this is my final sketch model of my character! I added a little bit of rendering to it to give it more of an effect, plus it looks a whole lot better. I hand drew the bear yes, then put it through photoshop to fix up anything that I could, and finally coloured it using my SketchBook Pro on my iPad which turned out quite well. If you're wondering why I've got the mug shot style photo of him, well let's just say he's not your normal everyday teddy bear. With creating this character I had to combine 3 inanimate objects that have the 3 qualities which are "Materiality", "Motion" and "Meaning". I decided on the meaning of it first which I thought would be easier on the other 2 to decide. As weird as it sounds, I went with the "Not-so-cuddly" teddy bear. I didn't not want to have a normal teddy because that would be too much of a cliche, so I went with the opposite and made him evil. The colour choices I have made this possible due to the darkness of it, with it's facial expression giving it that extra edge. For materiality I chose actual animal skin for it instead of cotton. Why not cotton you ask? Well it would make sense for my bear to do the opposite of what it's originally made out of since it is an evil bear, and you don't normally see a teddy bear made out of animal skin. This will be handy because I can add fur to my final render as well when I get to that stage. Lastly for movement, I went with your basic wind up key. Although it's an evil bear and it looks like its locked and reloaded ready for destruction, its still a wind up toy! How clever is that? I'm excited to see how this goes on maya when I'm modelling it.



No comments:

Post a Comment